We all know how beneficial drinking water is, but sometimes we get so busy, we tend to forget something as simple and important as keeping our bodies hydrated. If you have trouble consuming enough water, use these simple tips to get into this healthy habit.
1. Flavor your water. Add some natural flavor to your water by adding some pieces of fruit or vegetables to a glass of water. Some lemon or lime or even a handful of berries makes the water taste delicious.
2. Hydrate with foods that are high in water. Drinking eight glasses of water a day isn’t your only option. Foods like cucumbers, spinach, grapefruit, strawberries and watermelon have a high water content. Instead of having a snack of chips and dip, have veggies with dip. Have a salad with water-rich foods before dinner.
3. Add ice to your water. Not just plain ice. Add flavored ice cubes to your water instead. Just freeze flavors of fruit in an ice cube tray and then fill the trays with water.
4. Buy a fun water bottle or cup. Like they say, it’s all in the presentation. For some reason, drinking out of a cup that you love because it has a pretty image or a message that inspires you seems to make you want to use it more.
5. Set a goal. Decide how much water you want to drink every day. Then set hourly or daily goals based on that. You can start with less and work your way up to your goal.
6. Set reminders. You can use free apps like Waterlogged or Daily Water Free to track water intake while you’re on the go. Or, you can set an alarm on your phone or calendar to remind yourself.
The next time you’re having trouble drinking that fifth or sixth glass of water, try one of these tips. Before you know it, you’ll easily be meeting those daily goals.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published.