Between running errands and transporting my kids around, I feel like I spend as much time in my car as I do in my home. When you’re constantly on the go with kids, it’s always good to have essential items to feed a hungry child, wipe up a spill or take care of a scrape or small cut. To help things run smoothly when you’re out, keep these essential items in your car.
1. Tissues and paper towels/wipes. Tissues are a must for runny noses and paper towels are good for an easy clean-up.
2. Plastic bags for garbage. To keep your car tidy, have plastic bags to place all those fruit bar wrappers and juice boxes in.
3. Snacks and water. Having a few bottles of water and non-perishable snacks available for your kids and yourself can be very handy, especially if you’re out longer than expected.
4. First aid kit. Kids are so active and when you’re out and about and your child hurts himself, a first-aid kit is a necessity.
5. Sunscreen. If your children will be playing outside in a park for a long time, it’s good to keep sunscreen on you so you can easily reapply.
6. Diapers/portable potty chair. An absolute necessity. Even if your child is potty-trained, when you’re on the road, it’s not always easy to find a facility.
7. Umbrella. The weather can be so unpredictable, it’s such a relief to have an umbrella when you get caught in a downpour.
8. Extra clothes. Having extra clothing is helpful if their clothes get wet or dirty.
9. A bag of activities. I keep a tote bag filled with activities that has been a big help when we’re stuck in traffic or a doctor's waiting room.
10. Hand sanitizer. After they’ve been running around the playground, have some hand sanitizer available before you give them a snack.
Hello, I’m Kelly, a regular contributor on this blog. I live in Pennsylvania with my loving husband and our five beautiful children. I have a background in early childhood education, but I am currently homeschooling my kids. From pregnancy to postpartum to toddler life, I love sharing advice with other moms who are having a challenging time with this crazy but wonderful role of motherhood.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published.